I love you Amy. Thank you for helping me today and understanding why this walk and these people are so important to me. My cancer had such an impact on your life. Leaving a college you loved so much after being there almost three years was a tough thing to do but you never considered anything different. Coming home here to help me and our family is just what I would expect of someone like you. Remember the night before my last radiation treatment and I was having my "breakdown"? I remember telling you how scared I was of dying and leaving you girls , that I wasn't done yet with all I wanted to do in life. You said it would be fine, I believed you, and here we are two years later. And I'm STILL not done!
Tomorrow we conquer the insurance companies!
Love,
Mom

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.