If any of you donate, donate it in ALL of our names. This walk is for ALL of us and is a tribute to our collective strength.
My hope is that future walks will be twice the size of our first one and that 10 years from now we will all take pride in the part we played in the movement to lower death rates from oral cancer. My wish is that our esteemed leader, Brian, will still be calling me 20 years from now, pushing and prodding at me to get things done. Not since my husband pushed me to finish nursing school have I had someone support me so strongly in something I wanted to do.
I wish all of you could be there on the 9th but for those that can't make it we will take tons of pictures and make sure you all get some.
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.