Many of you may remember several of my previous posts about my sister, Kim. Things have gone from bad to worse for her. I'm really at a loss here. This past week, she was rushed to the hospital because she stopped breathing and started bleeding from her neck. The cancer, which started in her tongue, has spread to her neck and has literally eaten holes through her neck. She has wide, gaping holes that seep - you can see straight inside her.

Well, if that wasn't enough, we found out yesterday that her cancer has spread from her tongue, neck, and throat to her jaw. She is on the lowest dosage of chemo because she has a serious infection - which means that the chemo is doing nothing to help her and the cancer is justing eating away at her.

Monday she will see her ent and we're expecting to receive a prognosis. I don't think that I can deal with this. I look at her everyday and feel so scared and angry for her. She is in intense pain all the time and everything just seems to be getting worse. When she was first diagnosed, I never thought that it would come to this. I remember her doctors saying that this is curable. Two different times we were told that she was cancer free, but each time, the cancer came back in full force and spread even faster and worse.

I'm still hoping and praying for a miracle, but it doesn't look like my prayers will be answered. I'm really not even sure what to do or think.

Sorry to vent to you, but I am in disbelief at this time. I know that this disease sucks and is horrible to everyone in it's path, but I never expected it to be this bad for Kim. She is young and strong - we all thought that would work in her favor, but we are learning first hand that cancer doesn't care about how strong or young you are.

Please keep Kim in your prayers - she needs all that she can get. I will update more after her appointments next week. I'm hoping for good news, but I have a feeling that there won't be any.

God Bless

Sister of Kim, a 24 year old cancer fighter diagnosed on 12/5/04, who fought strong and hard and died with dignity and honor on 1/3/05.