I did not open this topic to get everyone upset... i just had a question and wanted answers...it is each and everyone of our own choices what we do in life and as some of you said "yes we know its a bad choice" and i know cancer is a bad thing and i know you dont have to be a smoker to get it, smoke is in the air no matter where you go, and im aware that smoke doesnt even play a role in some cancers, i know its a habit to smoke, i have bad habits of my own, smoking not being one of them but the diet pop can be just as addicting and im sure it can cause health problems too..what doesnt cause health problems in the world anymore?
But to all of you who responded i do have compassion for you all and i know what its like being with a person with mouth cancer, i would do anything in the world for EzJim,,it just upset me when he lit that first cigarette after his surgery but it is HIS CHOICE and no matter what i will be here for him..who ever said nagging will get me no where is right it only makes the whole thing worse.. so i give up on that.. as i said its HIS CHOICE...
thanks for the information you guys all gave me i do guess it helps me to understand some of what i needed to know... THANKS AGAIN BarbT

Barb