Now hasn't this opened a WHOLE can of worms!
I don't think ANYONE 'deserves' to get cancer. I wouldn't wish it on the most evil people in this world never mind just because someone somkes!
People that smoke KNOW the potential risks. In the UK it's printed in black & white on every packet!
I don't judge people that smoke - it's an addiction (that can be treated with medical assistance & a big dollop of will power). It's no better than being an alcoholic though - just as not every smoker will die from their vice, not every alchi will die from from liver cancer or something alcohol related.
I'm far from perfect!
If we wanted to completely rid ourselves of carcinogens we'd have to eat differently, use different cleaning products, use different deodourants, different toiletries, the list is endless. BUT it's a fact that cigarette smoke has many carcinogens that CAN & DO directly cause cancers. But i do respect that's it's your individual choice. I dont push my views on my family - my dad smokes, my step mum, sister, step dad & my partner of 6&half years. They respect me for not wanting to be around it.
My mum gave up on July 1st this year & so far so good. (she waited until then, because the stress from me being ill meant she didn't have the will power to do it before).
Anyway, good for you Joy!

Undifferentiated Nasopharyngeal Ca. T3N1M0 stage: IIb. diagnosed: June 2006. 6cycles of high dose chemo (Cisplatin & 5FU). 6 & half weeks (33sessions) radical R/T