Today was better than yesterday and tomorrow will be even better. PEG tube and port werent quite as easy as I expected, I ended up staying overnight in the hospital cuz of the stomach spasms and pain. Was given hourly morphine shots which helped tremedously. I was released on Tues. morning, my doctor wouldnt let me have the teeth removed due to worrying about infection going into the new port with is reight by my heart. He gave me a special very potent antibiotic to take right befor teeth got pulled. That was today, Had my hearing test, picked up flourdie trays and had 3 teeth removed. One thing I hadnt thought of is a visiting nurse. My insurance covers 30 days of having a visiting nurse come to check on me and help me with the PEG tube. Today she came and for right now it will be once a week. She said I can always get it extended past the 30 days if we both thing its necessary. Tomorrow is Thursday and I cant wait, because I have nothing at all to do, no doctor appointments, phone calls or paperwork. I can rest all I want or even go outside to check out my garden, see how the squash and tomotoes are doing. Katie---you can do this, its life or death, it will be done and must be done. My idea of this whole thing is I cant be sick, I refuse to be sick Im only 44 and have teenagers to raise thats my purpose in life. I know Im going to go thru a few bad months and at times feels so low cuz Im very very scared of having to depend on children, this site helps me tremendously, especially Margaret, she is an angel sent to help everyone while she helps her husband fight his battle. Amy also is a big help she is very knowledgable and to the point. She will tell you what to expect. Everyone on here is here to help when they can. My light is thinking about trying to eat Thanksgiving Dinner. If that isnt possible, the it will be Christmas dinner or Easter dinner. (and Im not cooking this time either smile )

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma