Hi everyone

I have not been around for a little while but I thought I would 'check in' and let you know the latest.
I had the tumor removed the other week (I cannot remember exactly when, everything is a blur). The Rt had shrunk it enough for it to be removed, they originally could not remove it because it was resting near the main artery. The site around the tumor was given the all clear but I am still doing treatment.
Problem is that I had a scan and the oncologist has told me that they have found a suspect site AGAIN on the other side of my neck. Now I do not know how precise these pet scans are, I have heard that they are not a 100% accurate. And the RT and Chemo, I do not understand if they have reduced the size of the tumor than it was working but its possible its developed again. However deep down I know that with what I have its not good anyway. But for it to have spread again and so fast is very scary. Strangely I am feeling a little too calm (the calm before the storm) like I am excepting the inevitable.
After everything was running so smoothly as well.

Now the next thing I am going to write please no-one get worried about this because I am stubborn and I am a fighter and I will not give up. But the other night I thought I am 29 years old and so far have had a good life. Would it not of been easier for life to take me now rather than to live with the constant fear and fighting and threat of recurrances again and again. Sorry Selfish of me I know. And NO I would not do anything silly so don't worry, it was just my thoughts at that moment.

It is just that its so frustrating to look back at my old life and know that it will probably never be the same again. I actually hate this that is in my body and I do wish it would go away.

Sorry about the depressing post, I went off on a tangent. Anyway, pet scans and results does anyone have any experience with this and are they accurate as I am led to believe?

Stage 1vb Metastatic Cervical Cancer.
Metastatic squamous neck cancer.
Currently having RT,Chemo. Tumor removed 07/04 Immune therapy.

WHERE THERE'S LIFE THERE'S HOPE.