Gary,

Wow...What a reply from you. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me all of that. It was such helpful information. Everyone who has responded to me as been such a help. How are you doing? Are you cancer free now, I hope? I am sorry to hear about how you had such a difficult time with treatment. I just wish noone had to go through the torment of this awful disease. I am hopeful that one day we will have a cure.

Regarding my mom, I will prepare to have drivers for her. My father will help and my sister. But, my sister and I both work, but we will do our best to help. I am just scared because I dont know what to expect from the side effects of radiation. The surgery is going to bad enough. So you opted out of the surgery treatment? Right? And just did the radiation or chemo also? Did that take away all the cancer? Did it hopefully not recur?

I know it is best that my mom do everything she can but removing her entire jaw is so invasive. I went through this last year with her and I am scared that she suffers or doesnt make it through it for nothing and have it spread again. She is 63 and I am worried.

You have given be very helpful information. Thanks so much Gary and I will put you in my thoughts and prayers that you conquer this disease completely.
Stephany

Stephany.Daughter of mother who passed away 3/26/05 from Recurrent Gum Squamous Cell Carcinoma. She had 3 surgeries, and 6 weeks radiation, and then passed due to infection. I miss her very much. She was 65 years young when she passed. Love you Mom!