Hello everyone,

My name is Stephany and I am distraught over my mother. She was diagnosed last year with gum cancer that went to her jaw bone. Half of her jaw was removed and now a year later, the cancer is back and they want to remove all her remaining teeth and the rest of her jaw. I just dont know if that will matter since she did this before and the cancer came back. Also, her doctor is recommending radiation every day for six weeks. Please someone, tell me what she can do...What do you suggest? I was doing research on the internet and came acroos this site. I read some of your posts and it brought tears to my eyes. If I can do anything for any of you , please let me know. You all have inspired me that I can get through this. Your strength is admired by me. I am so sad and want to suggest to my mom what could be done to cause her the most success and less discomfort. Has anyone ever tried hyperthermia? I would love to hear your suggestions and God Bless you all

Stephany

Stephany.Daughter of mother who passed away 3/26/05 from Recurrent Gum Squamous Cell Carcinoma. She had 3 surgeries, and 6 weeks radiation, and then passed due to infection. I miss her very much. She was 65 years young when she passed. Love you Mom!