Mariam,
You are being the loving, caring, strong daughter any father would relish. Sorry to hear about his misfortune in surgery and glad to hear he is recovering. Keep the faith!!
I understand that your father is driving the bus here but when you make enquiries even if you can't change his decisions you are doing the right thing for you. We will always respect the patients right to choose. As I have seen here we will all share our experiences and expertise even if they don't always agree.
The beauty of this and this forum is that you have love, support, strength, opinion and expert advice all in an easy to comprehend leisurly environment.
Don't give up and satisfy your need for more knowledge. You are helping your father even if his mind is made up because knowledge is power and it will help you cope with the fight he is going through.
Keep strong and continue to be there for your father. Tell him you love him everyday.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your father.

Mike

Dentist since 1995, 12 year Cancer Survivor, Father, Husband, Thankful to so many who supported me on my journey so far, and more than happy to comfort a friend.
Live, Laugh, Love & Learn.