Dear Matt - I'm so glad you found this site. I know it feels terrible to be in that :"in between" stage when you are not quite sure about your diagnosis. It may be just nothing at all but I've noticed from reading this site that there have been a lot of mis-diagnoses regarding oral cancer. My son bit his tongue and kept putting off going to the dentist until he got to Stage 2 cancer. I don't have direct experience with this, but I am sure you will hear from other posters who can share their experiences and ideas with you. You could always check the hospital that your doctor is associated with to see if they have a comprehensive cancer center or check on your doctor's experience with oral cancer or get a second or third opinion. Have you checked the home page of this site for info re recommended hospitals? Until you find out for sure one way or another, take deep breaths and try to stay positive - I know that is so very hard to do but it will help you to continue your research and find out as much as you can. Hang in there a little longer and let us know what happens.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)