Just checking in here Gang..

Lordy,Lordy,Lordy, LOL

I arrived by Mayo Medic ( that was a trip in itself) and I was admitted into St. Marys. I saw Maxoficcial which all told me there is no reason to do a biopsy since all of my scans are clear. They tell me I am young and my mouth looks clear. I proceed to show them pictures that were taken by my dentist in Jersey, they say it's nothing. I ask them how do you know? Do you have the velscope? ( this is about when the "Jersey girl" attitude comes out. Maxo says no we do not velscope. Mayo does not beleive in using equuipment until it has been proven for 5 years at least. I say to him that I think his "Mayo" way of thinking royally sucks. He says from the looks of all scans including a pet ( the pet showed I have some hot nodes in the neck) I and my mouth look great. So I say to him I have all symptoms of oral cancer including but you will not do a biopsy? He said no, there is no reason to biopsy, he sees nothing. Then refers me to neaurology to look at me. They prescribe something to help with the pain and they think, notice I say think, that I have a cranium something or another. Basically a migraine! Lord help me. I say to all my Docs at the end of the visit what the BLANK are we doing now and how are we going to find out what's going on? They say the following:

1.We want to rule out two cancers that can cause the same type of symptoms. First would be oral cancer ( I am headed to Jerry on Tuesday for the velscope) and if we see anything we will have it biopsied by my guy in New Jersey. If results come back cancer, then Mayo told me to go to Sloan and that Mayo is not a cancer center.
2. Second cancer would be breast cancer. They have been watching two lumps and under my arms swelling of the lymph nodes. That surgery is scheduled at Mayo the first week of July.
3. So if those two are ruled out, Mayo is basically saying that it is because of this cranium diagnosis which is causing me all this ear pain, jaw pain, and head pressure.

Listen, I am not down playing the Mayo Clinic. I have been a patient there for over 8 years for other rare health issues. They saved my life 8 years ago and I was hoping they would help out in the oral cancer section. However, even the ENT that I saw in Mayo said to me,Mayo is excellent but like any other hospitals, they have their specialties. He then says Sloan is the way to go if Oral Cancer is found.

So I am still here in MN, I will arrive back home on Sunday. I will be home for the week and then will return to Mayo on Sunday July 1st for the rest of the tests along with Jerry's words and my NJ Maxo's words and my little irish fingers crossed.

It's so frustrating. It truly is.

Jerry I am coming home!!!

smile