Hi everyone..

I have been reading here for about a month now and have just decided to post for the first time.

About a year and a half ago I noticed a feeling of "peeling" on the roof of my mouth. I went to my reg dentist and then off to an ENT. Both said it looked ok and sent me on my way. The feeling has never went away and about 4 months ago, I started getting un-bearable head pressure and a mouth lump that is located behind my wisdom tooth on the upper part of my jaw. I go back to the dentist and he does another oral screen on me and says he sees a red patch on the top of my mouth but it does not look suspicious to him at all. He states he has seen it a million times etc. I ask if we have it biopsied, he says no need to. I then go to yet ANOTHER ENT and he sticks this hose up my nose and down my throat, and says he sees nothing. Just by chance I was leaving for the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN for a non-related health issue I have had for 8 years. While I was at the Mayo for my check-up, I had the Maxoficial/Oral Surgeon doctor look at me. He said he was not concerned. I am due to go back there on June 25th to July 8 for some further testing.

In the meantime, My maxoficial Doctor out here where I live says they make a light and a special dye that can help show abnormal cells in mouth? Does anyone know anything about this by chance? He said he wanted to do this instead of the oral biopsy since I am leaving for the Mayo clinic in a week. He is afraid to do any type of surgery and he said the Mayo can do this. That I should insist on the Doctor at the Mayo to do it?

The lump I am feeling is located in the retromolar trigone section of my mouth. My ear pain, head pressure is un-bearable. I sometimes just want to cry all day and all night because of the pain.

Any thoughts please? Comments?

Thank you for allowing me to vent.