Ok, here we go, another update. After having many doors slammed in our face and being treated like we were garbage by our local offices, we may have made progress. Husband had to quit his job today, we took his discharge papers to DHS for tenncare and they wanted us to come in for another interview in 2 weeks..WTF..we were just there last week. SOOOO, I called Social Security main office in Nashville, they are going to call husband within 2 days and let him apply over the phone for his disability and insurance. Then Vanderbilt hospital called and we have an appointment with radiology oncologist, this Friday. Don't know what they will do as this is our first visit with them. Also, got him and appt with oral surgeon in Memphis for June 19 for the teeth. Seems like I have spent the last week on the phone, things are slowly happening. I am tired of them dragging their feet, while I watch him go downhill. The hydro was giving him a headache and they switched him to darvocet, which doesn't give him headache, but makes him feel high and isn't helping the pain. Hopefully things will start rolling in the right direction, I am at my wits end.

Husband age 48, diagnosed 5/10/07 with stage 4 mouth cancer, surgury not an option, teeth removed 6/21/07, 5x wks of rad with Cisplatin 1x week for 7-8 week course starting 7/10/07. Update 02/25/08 right maxillectomy and right infratemporal fossa resection