Hello TK

That is a tough diagnosis, but the TX does make sense. I am not a Dr. and do not have this type of cancer.

I have however read a great deal on this site and others. The one thing that "jumps out" at me is something I read about this awhile ago. He should be very careful about what he eats and try not to bite down or chew to hard. I think his jaw bone may be very brittle and it would lead to dire straights if it broke while masticating (chew) his food. Ask your Dr. about this.

Also, make sure he gets sufficient pain medication. And maybe one or both of you could use something for anxiety?

Keep posting. This forum will give you all the tools and strength you need to fight this beast. Ask anything, rant, and vent your frustrations, whatever.

Everyone here is either afflicted or is a caregiver. We will help you see the light, and help you emerge from this dark and terrifying situation.

My prayers go out to you and your family. Petey

DX 3-21-07 L tongue,SCC Stage IV (T3N2MO) TX Slash/Burn/Poison Method.
***Rapid Aggressive Recurrence 8-4-07 with same DX/TX. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. Never Give Up! ****UPDATE**** Our dear friend Petey passed away, RIP 9-2-07