Hi I am David and new to the site. So I guess this is how you start, by what I have read.I discovered a small lump in my neck 3 months ago. At first my GP treated it as an infection, but it did not go away and in fact got larger. The next month, he sent me to the ENT. He said it was a small cyst and we should take it out just to be safe. So we did, but when he got it out it was the size of an egg. It was hiding in my thick neck. That is when we discovered that it was SCC cancer. I had no signs before that time. They have now taking my left tonsil out and discovered that they think it was the sorce. They sent me to the denist and got all those treatments done. I am thankful that I went to a dentist before the oral surgen. The dentist examined my teeth and treated a few things and gave me the floride trays.The oral surgen took out one tooth root that the dentist, said needed to come out. But he said that if I had come to him first he would have recommended that all my teeth be removed, because of the possible compications after the rad. I would have done as he recommened because of my ignorence of this beast. So know I am scheduled to have a peg tube put in on Tuesday, get my mask refit again on Wed and start 7 weeks of rad treatment on Thur. Thankfully they are all moving fast and not giving me much time to think about this dieses. I have an appoinment with the chemo people to discuss the possiblity of doing chemo also. But right now I am going to try and avoid it because of how much more it magnifies the side effects, exspecially since my beast was caught so early. Well that is my story so far and I just want to say THANK YOU ALL for the posting for other people, because I was able to read and learn alot from people who really know what is going on. Before I was just blindly researching and it was scary. Now I know where I can go to get the information that really relates to what I am about to go thru. Once again THANK YOU ALL