I am surprised you havnt startd trtmnts yet.
me, they wanted like yesterday.
I assume you have had an MRI - so they know exactly where to focus.
you can ask what the total RADs are going to be.
should not be much more than 3000. I have been told by 5 docs that mine was over done. thus more colateral damage.
you will lose your saliva for a while - they say 3 to 5 years - but suposdly will return. brush you teeth A LOT ! ! ! believe it or not - 95% of your teeths protection comes from saliva. you can try the over counter products that say will help with low salive - didnt work for me but must for enuf others that they sell it.
if you notice ANY problems during treatmnt - DO speak up -
the chemo isnt so bad - its the later thats nasty with the vomiting. the throat is sore from the rad so it makes it worse -
get some ensure plus - or walmarts equat plus(cheaper and exat same stuff) I have been liveing on it for 11 years.
you may have to have a tube put in for feeding - not a big deal - no pain and makes feeding easy.
the whole thing will just be - routine - its that simple.
Speak up if something does not seem right ! Its your body and dont feel they are gods just people that have studied a lot in one area and they do make errors in judgment - only human.
the face mask will be fun - its amazing stuff.
hahaha I dont know what stage 3 is but it seems (vague memory) low so you should do well.
good luck
ted
:-)