Hello JoAnne,
I was wondering whether you had any trouble getting the Zofran ODT approved. We have Aetna and they only cover 12 pills per month. The nurse were telling us that they were hideously expensive and recently I asked the pharmacist at the local CVS to price out 20 pills. I wanted to know what it would cost if I wanted to get extras. The pharmacist said the cost would be $899. I was shocked. Forty-five bucks per pill!! Unbelievable. I think I'll talk to the med-onc as well as call Aetna and find out about some sort of special authorization. Pat is really starting to use more of these each day.

Any input is always appreciated. Incidentally, I have Compazine for her as well as the Phenegran suppositories. However, I find I'm having to rely more on the Zofran since it's so quick acting. Thanks.

Walt

------------
CG to my wife Pat. SCC base of tongue. Dx 2/07 - T2N3bM0. Single lymph node dissection 2/07. Tx started 3/07. Expecting 8 rounds of Erbitux and 30 to 35 rounds IMRT radiation when complete. Trusting the Lord no matter what.