I just want to weigh in on an obvious point - I have less problem with patients that have small early lesions being seen by a single ENT in a local facility than I do with those of us that have latter stage disease. I am a firm believer that those of us that had advance disease should be in a multidiciplinary CCC that has a team approach to things, and end up going through a tumor board before treatment begins getting perspectives from doctors of all different diciplines before deciding what is best for us. CCC's attract the best of the best, and they also have available to them clinical trial drugs that would not be available in a smaller or lesser center, and definately not in a private practice. While I want my doctor to look at me as a human being and not just the dust jacket on some disease, I will tolerate less personality and a coarser bed side manner in trade for having the best hands, eyes, and skill sets around any day. I want the doctor to cure me...not marry me.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.