Dear RLM, I going to take the opposite side because I am regretting that we DID NOT get an opinion from one of the big Head and Neck Cancer Treatment Centers. John' ENT sent him to a well respected Otolaryngologist {surgeon} in our state when his cancer was diagnosed a year ago. There were no options offered to him but surgery and radiation. That was projected to get it all. His cancer has recurred and he has since had another major surgery and chemo starts next week. After the 1st major surgery, he was not counseled or directed to speech or swallowing therapy or any ancillary help in dealing with the after effects of surgery and radiation. We have pretty much "been on our own" It has been really tough going. I feel that if we had been under the umbrella of a big Head and Neck Cancer treatment Center, John would have suffered less through all of this- the outcome might still be the same-but his life to date might have been better. His tumor was in the floor of his mouth and staged as a T2 but no nodes were involved the 1st time. I don't mean this to scare you. I'm just giving you my "hindsight" opinion. Amy

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

: