Thank you Christine. I haven't checked in because as you know, it's been busy. Treatment is an hour away. My husband started experiencing ringing in his ears and sores in his mouth, so they stopped the Cisplatin. We have an appointment tomorrow to discuss changing drugs. The nurse did mention Carboplatin. Do you know if this is a lot different than Cisplatin? His nausea wasn't bad at all and besides the ringing in his ears and sores in his mouth, he hasn't had any major side effects from the Cisplatin. We're both concerned that by changing the drug, he's going to experience something worse. Any input would be much appreciated. He's now into week 3 of treatment and the thick secretions are keeping him up at night. We have magic mouthwash and they mentioned a gel of sorts that wasn't in his prescribed meds when we picked them up, so I'm assuming we have to ask the pharmacist for it. His tongue is SO sore and his throat is starting to get sore. He's also developed an extremely painful muscle spasm/pain on the base of his neck in the back. We've tried everything from Flexeril to massage to Reiki to Chiropractic and nothing is relieving the pain. I'm assuming this is from the radiation? Sigh. My heart goes out to all of you who have gone through it. It's horrible for you to go through, and painful for your loved ones to witness. :-(

Last edited by JLohr; 04-19-2018 07:01 AM.

Jeanne

Husband Jim diagnosed March 6, 2018 Squamous Cell
PET scan showed base of tongue and right lymph node affected
Unable to test P16, as fluid and cells in lymph node were necrotic
T2 N2a M0
Started 7 weeks of Cisplatin and Radiation April 4 2018