Hi Jeanne
Sorry to hear about the cancer diagnosis and the upcoming treatments and learning about all this.
I am fairly a newbie too, and I have HPV related SCC cancer. For the doctors to know it's SCC, there must have been a biopsy. I have a copy of mine, it goes into much detail about the markers of the cancer.
So I suggest you get a copy of that biopsy. Also, I learned this a little late, get a copy of all reports, and the CDs/slides of any tests. You may have other doctors that want that. I hope you have a copier at home. Make several copies of each, and burn copies of the CDs. Also, start a journal with dates, times, locations, doctors, notes on anything related. It all runs together and you will forget.
See if the biopsy has a HPV with P16 protein. They are usually optimistic when they see that, but whatever the biopsy shows, that is just so important to every decision you guys make going forward.
Best wishes, and let me know if you have any questions about what I wrote. I am a newbie, and just learning from members here with years of treatments and information sharing. You arrived at a great site.
Regards,
Mike

Last edited by CM57; 03-28-2018 11:38 AM. Reason: Name correction

Enlarged left cervical lymph node in neck on 1/9/18. Male, age 60. Had retired from working as a computer technician and a project manager for almost 38 years, on 7/1/17.
Node was removed 1/16/18 and found to have SCC P16.
Chest xray clean.
Since then, PET/CT, slight activity left parotid, possible malignancy left lingual tonsil. MRI clean.
3 endoscopies, nothing seen.
2/26/18 Larryngoscopy,primary not found.
TORS 3/23/18 lingual tonsil biopsy.,biopsy negative.
Chemo/rads started 4/18/18.