Sorry that it’s not the news you were hoping to get, but you don’t know yet what the treatment plan is, if it’s going to be surgery, radiation, chemo, or a combination. There is nothing yet for you to take hold of, learn about and prepare for. I can understand how this is fear-inducing. Once you have your treatment plan, I would encourage you to focus on what you can control, which is to learn as much as you can about your condition and treatment, line up support for yourself at home and to focus on your intake. It will be an uphill climb but you will be able to take it one step at the time. If you apply yourself to that, things will seem more manageable and you will feel more in control. Make “I can do it” your mantra.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.