Thank you for not posting your photo. Since our members do not have medical training, looking at photos would not tell us anything you havent already. Even doctors with years of schooling and clinical patient experience are only giving a guess when they look at a sore, lump, bump, etc. Of course the physicians guess is an educated guess, its still only a guess. Only the biopsy will determine for certain exactly what the lump, bump, sore is.

Waiting is the worst!!! Try staying super busy doing positive things to help pass the time. Whenever you find yourself dwelling on the "what if's" only allow a few inutes then physically get up and "change the channel". Go do something positive that will keep your attention so you dont continually agonize over the test results. Remember, worrying has never changed a test result or helped anyone to feel better. All it does is make you upset. Stress like this is detrimental to the patient and can alter their perception of their medical condition. I used to clean out my closets and dressers whenever I started to "go there".

I really recommend to NOT do vaping. Studies have been proven that many of the one that claim to not have nicotine actually do have it. The e-cigs havent been around long enough for any long term studies on the effects of using them. Best thing is to completely avoid all forms of tobacco. No matter what the results of your test are, please do your best to eliminate tobacco from your life. Quitting is a change that will help you have a much healthier and longer life. Continuing to smoke or use tobacco will eventually cause you health problems. There are millions of people in the US who are living with life changing preventable medical issues from using tobacco. One of the things Ive done since going thru cancer caused by my smoking is to do presentations at schools, talking to children from 3rd grade thru college. Ive talked to thousands of kids and hopefully have made in difference in some of their lives. Hopefully by talking to them in person will help them to understand the dangers of tobacco. If they dont start then they dont have to quit. Sorry about rambling on about smoking, again! I wish you all the best when you are ready to try quitting. Its not easy but if you make up your mind to do it, you will succeed.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma