Radiation does cause some hair to fall out in the area it exits the head. Most of us had a round patch near the base of our necks. If your diet isnt balanced that can cause hair loss too. It could be related to any number of things.

If you are still losing weight then its obvious the daily calories that are being taking in are not enough. I completely understand your limits with not being able to eat large amounts but you must change what is currently not working for you or you wont see any improvement. This is why every single swallow must count with the highest number of calories you can get. Drink your calories, try the calorie laden choc peanut butter shake I posted. I know this will change things if you make this every day, it has turned many members around who were having a hard time. I posted a very long detailed reply yesterday morning that took me almost 2 hours to write and post all the links. To turn this around you must follow what I detailed in that post, read everything including all the links. If you dont immediately change your current intake, this whole thing will be much harder on you than it has to be. Its not easy but you must push yourself to take in a little more at every sitting. Start by taking 2 more bites every time you think you are finished. Then the next day take 3 more bites and so on. You CAN do this and boost those calories but it takes work and real effort. Please take a few minutes to read and absorb everything I wrote. If you can follow what Ive outlined I know you will begin to feel a little better. Dont forget about the hydration part too. Also conserve your energy as much as you can, sit when you can stand, lay down when you can sit. This will help you to avoid burning any extra calories.

If you are starting to feel depressed (very common with OC patients) speak up and talk to your doc. Ask about any therapists there who counsel cancer patients. Its not easy being diagnosed with a potentially life threatening disease and treating it. You are going thru some huge changes in a very short amount of time. Many OC patients take anxiety meds to get thru the rough days. Plus if you are taking pain meds, that can further make you feel low. I know how hard this is for you, I had a very difficult time too.

Hang in there!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy