At least I still have my sense if humor!

Update: July 3rd. 11th treatment completed. I was feeling good for the better part of that day. I didnt eat much, but i did eat normal. Certainly didnt make it to the 2500 calorie mark. I was looking forward to the 4th, eating barbeque and sitting in the pool "under the shade of course" . However, that night..all went downhill. I developed some pretty severe welts on the inside of my mouth, as well as the "microwaved chicken tongue". I felt firmness earlier, but i didnt look to see what was causing it, but as the night progressed, my mouth went into defense. I couldnt complete my flouride treatment, I couldnt sleep or eat without pain, and since the good ole doc didnt prescribe anthing but oral lidocaine, i was suffering. So the 4th of July this year was miserable. Eating apple sauce and boost shakes , and ice cream when it doesn't burn my mouth for being too cold.

Today , July 5th. 12 th treatment. I told the nurse and doc about my crazy train. They did not look too surprised nor worried, as this will be the new norm for me during the rest of the treatment. I was prescribed Norco 10mg Hydrocodone -325mg tylenol. A fruity flavored flouride (that i can now tell you taste and smells like a child's vomit after too much sugar candy.) ,Its brutal, but honest! Avoid at all costs! My lips may just have to burn. Oh and a new and wonderful , yet not wonderful addition to my list of ailments. Bleeding gums! What fun am I having! Im trying to hold on people...but the trying to eat, drink, be careful of the sun, excerise your mouth or you will get locked up, normal daily life has been taking its toll. Im doing what i can to eat and drink. And im down 2.4 pounds in 2 days. And im pretty sure tomorrow will be a little more lost. Im having more trouble keeping what i have now, than i ever thought possible. Im going to sleep now, and i pray good things happen in the night.

Last edited by WendyinGa; 07-05-2017 06:34 PM.

04/21/17 Biopsy at ENT
04/25/17 Biopsy result SCC on left side tongue
04/27/17 CT Scans--shows shallow tumor
05/02/17 Pre-op
05/03/17 Surgery to remove tumor
05/08/17 Cancer still present
05/10/17 2nd surgery-
06/05/17 PET on 6th, RADS start on 06/20/17
07/11/17 Halfway point!
08/01/17 Last treatment
11/1/17 Cancer is back
11/15/17 Emory University surgery. neck dissection, left lymph nodes removed, tongue free flap from left arm with skin graft.