I know exactly what you are going thru can be draining mentally. People genuinely mean well and do not fully understand what hearing "you have cancer" means to a patient. They do want to help (but dont usually know what to do) and encourage you so those annoying phrases are repeated over and over. People you know when they find out about your cancer diagnosis change. Some of those who you have always been closest to may run for the hills leaving you scratching your head not understanding the abandonment. Others you barely know will step up and be your new BFF and champion. Much of this is due to people not being able to face your mortality or even worse they project this onto themselves and are quickly overwhelmed with negative and scary "what ifs".

Your mind must be spinning being you were only first diagnosed one month ago. Thats like lightening speed to go thru discovery, diagnosis, 2 surgeries and into recovery. You need time to process all that you have been thru and all you are facing. In time you will learn to accept the situation and put your energies into fighting the enemy... cancer.

Always remember, we are here for you. Its ok to ramble, vent, cry, yell or anything else you need to do. We have been thru it so we completely understand all too well what you are going thru. Hang in there, we got your back smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma