Just giving a quick update. Not feeling too bad after the first surgery. First 3 days...i had the most terrible earache, if i tried to swallow. The saliva was super thick and gross...lol. Still couldnt get anything to go down but liquids...very liquidy. It was after the 5th day that things got better...no thick saliva, could swallow pudding...and managed to talk ok....little slurred but understandable. Stitches started coming out like crazy. It bothered me so, i went to see the ENT, he said that was normal, but ....he dropped the bombshell...Cancer was still present in the margins of the tumor that was removed and he felt that removing more would improve my chances , along with radiation. So, tomorrow is the next surgery...not healed from the first, but he said that is good. Will keep you updated on the ongoing journey. P.s. i really scared myself silly before the first surgery. I didnt feel a thing! Even after, the recovery , was not as bad as my mind was making it out to be. Your fear is your biggest hurdle. Stay strong, my friends.

04/21/17 Biopsy at ENT
04/25/17 Biopsy result SCC on left side tongue
04/27/17 CT Scans--shows shallow tumor
05/02/17 Pre-op
05/03/17 Surgery to remove tumor
05/08/17 Cancer still present
05/10/17 2nd surgery-
06/05/17 PET on 6th, RADS start on 06/20/17
07/11/17 Halfway point!
08/01/17 Last treatment
11/1/17 Cancer is back
11/15/17 Emory University surgery. neck dissection, left lymph nodes removed, tongue free flap from left arm with skin graft.