Hi Wendy, You got this girl! I just went through all of this and just joined this group. I is a long road ahead but with positive attitude, wonderful support and confidence you can do it. I have a VERY similar story. I am 30 years old, non-smoker, minor social drinker, very healthy, no virus and I had partial glossectomy for stage IV tongue cancer. The process moves so fast but that is a good thing because you don't want it to spread and you don't want to have to stress and worry! I found out I had cancer March 10th and went through all the same test you are and had surgery March 20th. I saw you discussing a PEG tube. I had a NG tube the day after surgery and only for 9 days before passing my swallow study. This was a major shock to me and now 5 weeks post op I can even chew soft foods! I am 9% back to talking like my old self again. Everyone is different in recovery and this is your journey. I am so glad you have a supportive family and husband. I realized when you have cancer your whole family has cancer! Take one day at a time : )

31 years old, SCC, happy and healthy!
03/10/17: Diagnosis of Tongue Cancer
03/20/17: 9 hour surgery, Hemi-glossectomy, radial forearm free flap, femur skin graft
05/01/17: Radiation 6 weeks