You are NOT whining! Around here we call it venting smile But I dont even think you are venting. Asking questions is a good thing, it helps you to become a strong advocate for yourself. I dont know of a single OC patient/survivor who went thru this without having some issue or side effect. Even the lucky ones who seem to sail right thru treatment and recovery have had their problems with treatment and recovery.

Its very common for OC patients/survivors to become depressed. Make sure you discuss this with your doctor next time you see them. You could need something to help you to move on. Its nothing to be ashamed of, many OC patients need this type of help, even some caregivers take anxiety meds.

Try your best to focus on what you have within your control, your intake. Every single day take in at least 2500 calories and 48064 oz of water. This will help to flush everything out of your body. Losing weight during and after treatment is NOT a good thing! If you can push yourself to take in 3500 calories daily that should help you avoid any further weight loss. When losing weight you are also losing muscle which may never return.

Stay busy to help pass the time and hang in there! smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy