Welcome to OCF, Edward! Relax! You are among friends here! smile We are all connected thru one horrible disease. Im going to send you a link to help you navigating the forum a little easier. After a couple posts, you will be a pro. Dont worry about mistakes, we ALL make them and just about anything you do here can be fixed.

Im not sure what you mean by EBT? Radiation treatments?

Finishing treatment in Oct, you are still only a few months into your recovery. You may have swelling or scar tissue in the area of concern. If your doc has concerns about something a biopsy should be done. Cancer isnt something to fool around with, especially oral cancer. All it takes is for one microscopic cell to get missed (Im assuming you had rads?) for a recurrence to happen. I am NOT trying to worry you (worrying wont ever help so try to avoid do it) but I want you to be a strong advocate for yourself. A biopsy is easier than a PET! The doc can do a fine needle or punch biopsy and find out a week later the results instead of waiting weeks to see if one is needed. A biopsy tells you what something is instead of something lighting up on the PET scan which could be an inflammation or cancer, the PET doesnt differentiate.

Best wishes with your continued recovery!

PS... Happy new Year smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy