Hello,
I was recently diagnosed. Thursday afternoon to be exact via a telephone call. Sadly I didn't hold onto much of that conversation.

So here we go down my little rabbit hole.
In 2014 I went in for a regular dental exam & cleaning. Hygienist noticed there was a mass on the roof of my mouth. I was referred to see an oral surgeon. I skipped that and went straight to my Dr and let her know that I was worried. Completed a CT and when the results came in she said things were ok and to just go see the dentist. Sadly I didn't go, Life got extremely busy with a little one who never slept. Then a daughter fighting with depression, suicidal thoughts and self harm. In the meantime the mass at the roof of my mouth grew and I was in a ton of pain.
Nov 2016 I saw the dentist, who immediately sent me to the oral surgeon. He did a panoramic X-ray and you could see that the mass was in my sinuses. They immediately got on the phone with my Dr. so she could schedule at CT.
Had a CT the next day,and a referral to ENT. Saw him on Dec 1st at that's when he told us it was cancer. From the CT he could see that it was in my sinuses and my bone. He took a biopsy and referred me to go see a dentist to get impressions done for an oral obturator. Now I'm scheduled for January 3rd for a maxillectomy to remove the mass and part of the roof of my mouth and some teeth(not clear on which will go or stay).

I can't remember the name of cancer that he said I have on Thursday. I do know that it's in my saliva glands and it starts with an E. Also that they didn't have enough of the mass to determine what stage. I'm a non smoker, rarely drink and no HPV.

So needless to say I'm feeling so many different emotions. And also numb in processing it all. I know I have a bunch to do to get ready... and I don't want to do a thing... but feel that I should be busy... kids keep me pretty preoccupied.

As I recover from the surgery they'll evaluate the mass and my case will go before a tumor board to come up with a plan for RAD.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful as what to expect, how to prepare and best coping strategies. I have a teen daughter and soon be 4 yr old that live with us. I want to make sure that they along with my husband are okay since they will have a front row seats in this new chapter in my life... we'll all of our lives.