Amy, Im sure you have done your research to select your treatment team. You said you went for 3 opinions. Were any at a CCC?

At this time the only scientifically proven ways to eliminate SCC oral cancer is thru surgery or Radiation with or without chemo. Alone chemo may shrink the tumor but it doesnt completely eliminate it which is why chemo alone is used for palliative care.

Have you ever heard of the Quackwatch website? Quackwatch is exactly as its name implies, it publishes false medical claims. Unfortunately many of these false claims are promoted by physicians who are very convincing and make them sound enticing. Over the years of working with The Oral Cancer Foundation, Ive seen far too many good patients who follow some of the unfounded false medical advice. Sadly many of these same patients decided too late to go with conventional treatments. Here at OCF, we only promote scientifically proven methods and clinical trials done at reputable facilities. I always look out for our members and go strictly by the rules where false cures are not at all supported. I sincerely hope your physicians have your best interests in mind when making their treatment plans for you.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma