Amy, awwww I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time. We will help you as much as possible so please check in often and ask questions or voice concerns. We all understand what you are going thru. We have been there too and its absolutely horrible!!!

Do you have a feeding tube?

Are you still in the hospital?

There are anti-nausea suppositories. I know it sounds yucky but when you are sick and cant keep anything down it will do the trick. Im concerned about throwing up and the stitches in your mouth being disturbed.

Ask your doc for different pain meds. Make sure he understands you are nauseous and having major issues with keeping anything down. Maybe you could get the fentanyl patch. This gets changed every 72 hours and this would help keep you comfortable without worrying about throwing up.

With your intake being next to nothing Im sure this is starting to play a part in how lousy you feel. When malnutrition and dehydration hit together it makes you feel like you are dying. Its happened to me a couple times and I was really scared I was going to pass away.

If you are out of the hospital, maybe get someone to pick up some boost or ensure. If you can drink broth then you probably can handle these things so you can get some vitamins, protein, and calories in. Everything that comes out must get put back or dehydration can quickly sneak up on you. If you find boost or ensure a little too thick then try getting the new juice nutrition drink. Im sorry I cant remember which brand boost or ensure but its a 4 pack and blue that can be found in almost any pharmacy or grocery store. That liquid is thin like broth and has much needed calories.

If you are home and this situation is the same tomorrow you should call your doc and go in to get checked. Or if things continue and you feel horrible, a trip to the ER might be a better option than waiting to get into see your doc. Maybe your doc could prescribe you a few bags of IV fluids to help keep you from getting dehydrated.

Please check in and let us know how you are making out. You're family now and we take care of our own.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma