Hi Moona11 - I don't get on here too often, but I just had to check in when I saw your post. You have already taken some very positive steps and have caught this SCC very early. My son had SCC Stage 2 and it was a very rough ride for him but he's doing fine now and it's been almost 10 years! You are a really good Dad and you have great family support. You took the right steps in getting your Mom to take your son to get some help. Your son sounds like a very compassionate young man and that's a good quality to have. Just being fourteen can be a difficult time in any teen's life but with the added issues you are all facing, it is something that anyone would need help with. And you are providing that help. There is every reason for you to expect the very best outcome for yourself and your family! Tammy (above) is right - just take one day at a time. . . sometimes it is just one step at a time. And remember to celebrate even the small steps and progress you make. Even though you and your wife were far away when your son needed help, you got it for him in getting your Mom's help. So that was a good step. Good for you! and Good for her!

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)