Welcome to OCF! Im very sorry to read about your diagnosis! At least you are in the right place to get info and support to help you thru the upcoming months. It can be a long road but stick with us and we will help you get thru everything.

If you havent already done so, please do your very best to quit using tobacco right away. Why make things worse? I know its not easy but you can do it!

You will have many tests and doctor appointments before you know what your treatment plan will be. Until then, think about heading to a major comprehensive cancer center (CCC) for at least a second opinion. Also eat all your favorites now. Your ability to eat and sense of taste will probably be compromised for a while so eat now, especially if you are on the slim side its time to bulk up.

If any of your friends and relatives offer their assistance, write down their name and contact info and tell them when the time comes you need a hand you will contact them. I believe people are good and want to help but often they dont know how. Some who werent too close will become your new BFFs while others will fade into the woodwork as its too much for them to handle.

Feel free to ask questions. We are in your corner.

Best wishes!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy