Update on waiting for ultrasound. I spoke to the surgeon who said it there is only a tiny chance that there is cancer in the node, the one that became enlarged when I had a gum/tooth infection. She can't get me in until 27 November for ultrasound and FNA, although she is trying to bring it forward. It's a hell of a long time to wait - from 15 October to 27 November but I feel reassured now I have spoken to her. I've had this before and had a similar wait ... Horrible thing to do to a cancer patient but I've become better at waiting. I've sort of got over that ghastly knot in the stomach and just feel "in the moment". It's different for me I think because I've had cancer four times and feel my luck has to run out at some stage. But I don't think it has yet.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.