Bad news...but was prepared (I guess). My husband received a call from the ENT Dr. The biopsy came back positive for cancer, SCC. That is all the info we have for now. He requested a PET scan and an appointment with a medical oncologist is now set for 10-31-14.

We are both trying to come to terms. My husband really hasn't slept much in 3 days. We asked for a prescription of anti-depressants and a sleep aid. Our primary care doctor's nurse said he will need to see him first but there isn't an appointment available until Tuesday. That is frustrating! The nurse said the primary doctor will review his chart and notes from ENT doctor and call us back. Didn't hear back before close of business yesterday. I found some Simply Sleep that I have used in the past and gave to my husband last night. We both went to sleep I think rather well, but I was up at 2:30am. He is still sleeping (i'm assuming). And hope he is able to do so. We each have a business to run and we need to function and figure the next steps clearly.

Cheri-43 year old caregiver
51 year old husband with BOT Cancer, SCC, HPV16, enlarged lymph node at the neck, non-smoker, healthy and fit
ENT Appt 10-9-14
Biopsy 10-13-14, Results of Cancer 10-16-14, 1.8x2.2cm left side lymph node
1st Medical Oncologist appt 10-21-14, learned Stage 3 or early 4, T3N1Mx
1st Radiology Oncologist appt 10-30-14
PET Scan 10-27-14
1st weekly Erbitux chemo 11-12-14
PEG tube surgery 11-13-14
1st of 30 IMRT Radiation Treatments 66 gy 11-25-14