Hi Cheri - welcome to the family though I hope you really don't end up needing to be here. We wish that to all who are like you ... waiting on results... scared to death ... don't know what to do... so they worry... probably just like you.

Okay enough of the periods. You wrote about Michael Douglas, he's the first person I googled when I found out I had oral cancer from the biopsy results. Ironically, I had the same cancer he did, only if memory serves his was stage 4, where mine was stage 1. He survived just fine, I did too, your husband will too. It may just be an uncomfortable journey getting there.

But, many of us have gone through that same journey, and the forum family helped us all. It will help you and your husband too. It seems I was only down in a funk maybe once during my treatment, and getting on the forum and writing about it helped a lot. Just reading what others have gone through, or are going through right now helps us to realize we are not alone, we have a lot of friends who may be many miles away, but the internet makes us helpful and knowledgeable neighbors.

So, if this thing turns out to be oral cancer, just keep on writing and asking questions. We will help you both get through this.

take care,
Tony

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good