Hi Cheri, welcome to the club!
I agree with the feedback you are getting here.
I'm a caregiver to my super wonderful husband.

We watched Michael Douglas on Jay Leno last year and immediately after the show my husband decided to listen to his doctor and had a recommended second biopsy.
I was thankful for unintended public service announcement!!

It was up and down in the beginning, but I'm enjoying the good times. In the nine months since my husbands partial glossectomy, we've been traveling and enjoying every day to the max while tending to the steps that were discussed here.

Last month, during a routine exam, the doctor detected a mass in my husband's neck, there was a ct scan, biopsy and pet scan followed by a neck dissection two days ago. The doctor is testing the lymph nodes to recommend (or not) further treatment.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but my husband didn't stay in the hospital overnight either time. He's been washing, polishing and working on cars since we got home. He's draining his own neck tube, recording his own progress and taking his own meds. I took the week off my activities to encourage and support him, but I'm the one relaxing, watching movies, and eating Popsicles. Go figure!

The first surgery was scary, but this one was less anxious for me.
The draining tube should be taken off this Friday and we'll get the results on Tuesday. Crossing our fingers.

I try to stay positive with yoga, meditation and lots of prayer. I feel I should take care of myself by staying emotionally, spiritually and physically fit. I also just signed up for the university of Maryland study on caregivers which focuses on writing your experiences. I suggest you jump on it. I got the link from Christine.

My downfall is emotional eating, so I'm up 15 lbs since my husband's diagnosis.
...... And I'm enjoying every bite!!!!!

Blessings,

Patty / husband Dx with Stage 1 SCC
November '12, BOT ulcer
June '13, first biopsy-negative.
October '13, second biopsy-positive
November '13, second opinion at CCC, T1
December '13, partial glossectomy.
September '14, biopsy on lymph nodes, 1 tested positive.
October '14, right side neck dissection. 14 nods out, with only one affected.
November '14, T1N1M0 radiation in the recommended by oncologist
December '14, radiation treatment