Hello. I am an 18 year old female. I noticed a painless small white bead on the floor of my mouth about 6 months ago. I have been a heavy smoker for 4 years.

I also have a feeling of being pricked (very lightly) in my plica fimbriata (the "fringe" things under your tongue).

I didn't see a doctor because when this started, my mother died. I stopped caring about the bead under my tongue and forgot about it.

I am convinced I have oral cancer. Now, I have a feeling like something is stuck in my throat. I downplayed the importancy of it, chalking it up to be "globus hystericus", thinking it was more anxiety induced psychological problem rather than a physical one. Until I felt my neck.

I'm not sure how to explain this. But I feel a "lump" in the middle of my neck. I am so convinced I have cancer. The only thing I think about is cancer. I cry all the time. I feel really, really scared. My mum would always re-assure me that it wasn't cancer but now she is dead and I have nobody. I can't stop thinking about it. I am so depressed. I'm crying writing this right now.

I can't see a doctor right now because my dad damaged his leg and I can't drive. I need to wait for his leg to heal before I can get it seen to. I do not live in a 'major city' so the doctors office is a bit far away.

I don't know what to do. I'm CONVINCED I have cancer. I know nobody can diagnose me online, but I just need some relief frown I think about this all the time. It controls my life. I have never been so scared in my life. Please help.