Good for you, jklamert! Sounds like you are in "fight" mode and taking care of business! Information and education is very empowering. Your signature line looks great. You can add more info after surgery or whatever else you want to add. On the day of surgery it really helps to have someone else go with you. On my son's surgery day, my daughter and a nurse-friend of mine came with me and the surgery took several hours. Afterwards, the ENT came and talked with the three of us in a smaller room adjacent to the surgery waiting room. Having others there really helped me to think about the positives and remember what the doctor said. My daughter and friend also had questions that the doctor answered which I hadn't thought of. The more you know about what's happening, the better you will feel about being in control and helping your husband to stay positive, too.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)