Hi Cathy,

My specialty (if you could call it such) is in dealing with Fear,Anxiety and Uncertainty. There are practical methods of training the mind to deal with these and I've had plenty of experience in learning and passing them on.

On the other hand, I've been blessed indeed, with a body that shakes off major trauma (like bleeding out completely to the point the triage doctor and the guy who gave me 18 pts of whole blood immediately to get my heart going again) and a Flail chest the year before, the result of a very high speed auto crash, 145 mph). The later had me declared DOA at the scene, and admitted to an army hospital DOA. The morgue had all the paperwork done, and my name on a drawer while they left me unattended on a gurney while working 4 1/2 hours on the driver.

I was back to unlimited duty less than 3 months after each of those events, even cleared to resume the duties of a paratrooper.

With all that; I have limited experience with sores and really don't have a clue here. Fortunately (for you,) many, MANY of our members are truly experts in this and are as free with their accumulated wisdom as anyone could possilby ask.

Please continue to ask, everyone's experience here is unique, there is no "one-size fits all" answer to any question, so it's now up to you to be persistent. If you do, you are very likely to hear an answer that fits you also!

My very best wishes for your finding the answer that YOU need!

Bart

My intro: http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbt...3644#Post163644

09/09 - Dx OC Stg IV
10/09 - Chemo/3 Cisplatin, 40 rad
11/09 - PET CLEAN
07/11 - Dx Stage IV C. (Liver)
06/12 - PET CLEAN
09/12 - PET Dist Met (Liver)
04/13 - PET CLEAN
06/13 - PET Dist Met (Liver + 1 lymph node)
10/13 - PET - Xeloda ineffective
11/13 - Liver packed w/ SIRI-Spheres
02/14 - PET - Siri-Spheres effective, 4cm tumor in lymph-node
03/15 - Begin 15 Rads
03/24 - Final Rad! Woot!
7/27/14 Bart passed away. RIP!