Hi Woodstockga,

You are no longer in the reality that you entered from, and now you are in the reality of cancer treatment. The treatment is often quite brutal, but it is what it is, and that is your reality. The sooner you recognize this, the easier it will become, because simply it is your new normal.

If you cling to some thing (such as your old reality) that no longer exists, you will be apt to fail to notice what is good about your life. Look hard, you will find many things that are good.

This particular set of irritations, painful though they may prove to be, will pass.

Let me repeat that, this will pass. Do not get into the "woe is me's" at all costs, just recognize that it is painful as hell and irritating as my message likely is, but it will pass all the same.

Keep a clear mind, drive such negative thoughts mercilessly away. Your mind is the one thing that no one can take from you without also taking your life, so strike a blow against your nemisis by taking control of your mind!

Regardless of what you think about my tone, I write only because I have nothing but the very best wishes for your successful passage through this hellish passage!

Bart

My intro: http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbt...3644#Post163644

09/09 - Dx OC Stg IV
10/09 - Chemo/3 Cisplatin, 40 rad
11/09 - PET CLEAN
07/11 - Dx Stage IV C. (Liver)
06/12 - PET CLEAN
09/12 - PET Dist Met (Liver)
04/13 - PET CLEAN
06/13 - PET Dist Met (Liver + 1 lymph node)
10/13 - PET - Xeloda ineffective
11/13 - Liver packed w/ SIRI-Spheres
02/14 - PET - Siri-Spheres effective, 4cm tumor in lymph-node
03/15 - Begin 15 Rads
03/24 - Final Rad! Woot!
7/27/14 Bart passed away. RIP!