Hi, Cathy. I know what you mean by frustrated. I finished 6 weeks ago and found the radiation oncologist a bit too down to earth for my liking. She questioned me and wrote down my answers, observed my mouth and wrote a description like "Grade 2 mucositis". When I asked a question outside her field (I was biting on my flap) she'd just shrug. I think she saw a lot of people in that clinic and had become ho-um about the process, seeing her role as one who observed the process to ensure the wheels didn't fall off:) I seemed to get more good advice from the dental team whom I also saw once a week. And this site is superb. Following Christine's advice on nutrition ensured I didn't lose too much weight even when my taste buds went. You probably have that in front of you. It's not nice but it too passes. I can taste lots of stuff now!

Wishing you all the best.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.