As said, and being you asked, no one can tell you everything that will or will not happen. There are common side effects likely to occur, not so common that may occurr, and rare events. It also depends on the type of radiation, the dosage, the fractions, where radiated, if one side only, and or if the salivary glands are spared, which usually are to some extent, the type of chemo, combination of chemo, duration, dosage amount, and speed of infusions, and any underlying medical issues, comorbities, and general health that may matter.

As far as I'm concerned, radiation was no walk in the park, but was nothing compared to my first chemo, and many may underestimate it, I did. I thought nothing could knock me down, and that was my profession not to, and was in pretty good physical condition at 5''9", 245lbs at diagnosis, which weight I would fluctuate from 275 down to 190, from exercise when I wanted (just as not as fast anymore lol). Well, after 5 days of chemo, that was it. I was down for the 10 count and worse! My treatmnt was stopped, and spent 6 months in the hospital, 2 months were in ICU, some on a respirator, tubes in every orface, and then critical care nursing home floor, paralyzed from the waist down, blinded, and left basically die. You name it, I had probably had it, and really am underestimating it. I went from 245lbs, probably more due to the inflammatory process from sepsis, septic shock, and lost over 110lbs in a few weeks going down to 130lbs. I had burns on my face, hands, inside mouth, throat, requiring the burn unit to debride the wounds. All my finger nails, toenails, and hair came off too. It has taken me over 4 years to gain back some weight, now 175, although last summer I went to 200, lost again, and got some strength back, but I'm a shadow of my former self, and after 30 years of working, I had to retire at a young age at 48.

What does this all this mean, nothing. Everyone is different, but I do look into things more now, consider different types of conventional treatments, thier hazards, cross reference any medical conditions, medications, vaccinations with drugs I will be receiving, do some pre-planning, have a plan A, B, and maybe C, so when treatments starts, I know I did my homework, and try to get through each day at a time, and attack any item as they may arise, if I can lol. Does this help, maybe, maybe not, but it does for me, and have no fear of the unknown.

To further add to what others said to get though treatment, although there is much more, is to get adequate nutrition and hydration, have pain, nausea and vomitting controls when needed, have impeccable oral care, apply neck protection creams, and get proper rest.

You will learn more each step of the way, may have more questions, but hope this helps.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI
12/13 25 Protons 50Gy 6 Wks Carbo