Hi Gloria,
I am happy to hear that progression after a short time is minimal. I believe that immunotherapy would take some time and progress wouldnt be seen overnight. I think that John or I or others with distant mets didnt get this way overnight, so it would be logical that reversing it by way of the immune system would take time also. I guess my case presents as unusual. (The MO's description).I had a pet in Jan. and a follow up Ct on Feb. 28th. Some of the lymph nodes were actually smaller. I had cardiac bypass surgery in December, about 2 weeks prior to Jan. petscan. Sooooooo maybe? Last nights tumor board suggests a biopsy of the nodes and see where that goes. The problem with that is that my throat opening is only 4-5cm wide while the camera is 6cm. It now appears that we are going to do a new pet late next week or early the next and see where that goes. The frontline therapy right now is trying to find a Dna match in which to start targeted therapy. I am still looking for a clinical trial in the SW U.S. if you hear of anything. good luck to all club members

discovered a golf ball in my neck St.Paddy's day 2010.
Dx stage 4a left tonsil ca may 2010 at 50
non smoker, moderate beer drinker
HPV-16 pos.
tosillectomy
9 weeks Cisplatin
35 rads
nov.2010 PET NED
2011 2x PET NED
2012 2x PET Ned
3/13 Pet NED
SEptember 2013 Pet uh-OH.questionable and anxious
follow up pet, yup, its back.