Does anyone know if after HPV-16 positive diagnosis and then radiation or radiation and chemo treatment for oral cancer, if we should in reality expect the virus is still in our bodies and subject to being transmited via kissing or other sexual contact.

I've heard lots of opinions in other peoples threads. It seems it would be better for all of us if we could get all that information here in one thread.

I would be interested in this thread becoming the definitive thread for discussion of HPV-16 on this forum.

Likewise I would like to see any URL references to published studies on the subject.

I know this forum is about oral cancer and it's treatment, and not a forum about getting our love life back on track after treatment. But since I expect this forum has the most up to date technical information about the virus on the internet , that makes it also the most appropriate place to discuss exactly this issue.

Other opinions?

thanks guys,

Tony

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good