Eric I appreciate your response. Im truly sorry if seeing Charm as the last comment was painful.

After posting I did watch a 1 hour lecture by Dr Seyfried in his theory about how the mutations to mitochondria are the true drivers to cancer metastases rather than the code altered DNA/RNA in the nucleus.

He had one slide that was so simple:
State of Mitochondria | State of Nucleus | State of cell produced
Healthy Mitocondria + Healthy nucleus = Healthy Cell
Mutated mitochondia + Mutated nuclues = Metastible Cancer
Healthy Mitochondria + Mutated nucleus = never created tumors.
Mutated Mitochondria + Healthy Nucleus = Cell that may turn to cancer or die.

He is positing that nuclear genes and gene suppressions are not the drivers of tumors, rather only cells that have compromised respiratory(mitochondria) damage that can become cancer.

I do a lot of root cause analysis in my job, so often people jump straight from identifying the problem into the solution space. Sometimes these leaps and the near correct/partially flawed solution can be so readily accepted that they seem cannon due to how close they fit the model space. When they are dis-proven especially after considerable time and research has been spent bolstering them, a lot of very influential egos are harmed.

I have read that Seyfrieds a work mainly involves brain tumors that tissue HNSCC may even be able to overcome lack of simple sugars So I am definitley not on some sort of diet change craze...

I get just discouraged when we are told that there is no "cure" there is only treatment that can kill the issue.

It would be nice if for 70 years that we haven't found a cure, its due to a very clever problem that has been masked due to the complexity of a problem yet has a very elegant solution.

If a simple supplement that keeps the mitochondria from being altered or bolsters it's ability to fight mutation from disease is what finally wipes cancer off the map. HPV 16 actually affects the mitochondria.

Its really Occam's Razor for me. Either we have to address every single way a RNA/DNA chain can be mutated, or bolster Mitochondria health which would then essentially just eat the cancer no matter what of the thousands of mutations possible in the nucleus.

I am not suggesting a holistic healing approach or anyone to shift diets, I am simply extremely intrigued when a basic theory which has been overlooked or has been obfuscated in the past seems to have promise.

The unfortunate flip-side is that too many may get the wrong impression think they can cure cancer with a diet change and we get into pseudoscience very fast. I hope my tone and what I am saying here is not construed in that fashion.

Last edited by BrianPK; 01-10-2014 04:52 AM.

Brian
Stage IV TxN2aM0 HPV+ SCC 38 y.o. male
9/20/13 Sentinel Node Found
12/5/13 Start of 72Gy and 5 bags of Cisplatin
1/21/14 Treatment Ends
1/25/15 1 Yr clear