gbk

If you take a look at the clinical trial that Paul posted a link to you will notice that no oral cancer or head and neck patients need apply.[quote] Patients chosen must be diagnosed with advanced or metastatic cancer of the following tumor types (colorectal, prostate, brain, breast, pancreatic, hepatobiliary, melanoma, sarcoma, non-small cell /small cell lung, genitourinary cancers[/quote]).Typically clinical trials deliberately exclude cancers that the researchers believe will not be helped by the diet/drug/device. To me, excluding our cancer pretty much says it all. Never heard of it helping any of us at all.
But ketogenic diets are a real blast from the past. Back in the 1920s, when flappers and prohibition were all the rage, the Ketogenic Diet was developed. It became popular again back in the 1990s due to television and movie shows. There is pretty much general agreement that the Ketogenic Diet is an effective diet for children with epilepsy because it reduces or stops their convulsions. It fell out of favor in between these dates because of the development of anti convulsant drugs and medications that mimicked the good effect of the ketones without the bad ones. it's basically a super strict Atkins diet and we all know how that worked out for Dr. Atkins

Still, I understand the desire for a miracle cure. The ketogenci diet is very difficult for adults to follow. One study in Germany enlisted 16 cancer patients and only 5 were able to tolerate it so it has little validity. Their only conclusion was that for the 5 patients who believed in it, it cheered them up, so quality of life improvement was claimed.
But I have to admit, there is a certain attraction of a diet where bacon is a health food.
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 01-06-2013 01:53 PM. Reason: lightened it up

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13